Friday, August 29, 2008

Change the MF World












History occurred last night.

It's finally official.

Obama is finally the democratic nominee for commander-in-chief!

It was a celebration for many black men and women who figured they would NEVER live to see a day where a black man could be on the verge of becoming president.

What really pleased me about last night were all the different nationalities in unison. There was even a group of bearded white guys holding up a sign that read, "Rednecks for Obama." I kept waiting for everything to be interrupted and for someone to say..."OK, that's it. This whole campaign was all a joke." I just couldnt' believe it was happening.

45 years ago....it was King who did it. I wasn't there....but I'm here for this. And it was the most powerful thing I've ever experienced.

I'll man up and admit...at one moment, I felt a tear or two build up. Oh shyt...gotta think about football and beer. (Works every mf time.) Then you go over to someone else and say, "WTF you crying for?!"

There were tears everywhere. Tears of joy, tears of pride, and tears of hope for a better future.

There's just one problem, though.

Obama got me feelin' all patriotic and shyt. I'm feelin' like runnin' out and changin' the WORLD.

I'm ready to do some volunteer work, start building homes, and signing up unregistered voters. But after 2 weeks of the Olympics and a week of the Democratic National Convention...

...I need a mf nap!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

It was so inspirational… I’m so inspired and I truly hope this enables the black youth to see what they are capable of accomplishing… Far too long negative images have clouded the black community and last night I felt very proud to be a black American. Reach out to all your friends and family, and ask this one simple question…. Are you registered to vote!?

Anonymous said...

I agree MF, I was crying like a baby last night. My heart felt as if it was going to burst out of my chest. Many of us who read this blog weren't around to see Dr. King in action. As I was watching last night, I realized that Obama is making his (Dr. King's) dreams come to life. Whites, blacks, asians, hispanic, etc. were holding hands and embracing one another. Everyone in that building and at home believes in the possibility of change. We are united by hope. Even "Jealous Jesse" made an appearance! LOL!
God bless us this election, and everyone pray for the safety of everyone in Barack's and Biden's family. YES WE CAN!

Anonymous said...

19485002155I was there for the MLK speech, and for Obama's, and it made me feel so much pride and hope for our future. After Bush being in the White House for 8 years if McCain gets in, wheither employeed or umemployed we will all be on welfare and food stamps.McCain believes that a middle class person is someone making less then 5 million dollars. So you can see where he's going. What a fool. We as a people must do all that we can to see that we do not let Mccains dream become a reality. This election should not be about race, it should be about who will be serve the people of this country best. As far as I can see there is only one choice. OBAMA

Anonymous said...

Hey, one Canadian here, don't know a much about your candidates values, promises etc. but Obama seems like the man for the job(even if his foreign policy will put pressure on us). Unfortunately I'm bombarded at work with articles from the Telegraph (Uk paper) slagging Obama and the democrat party. One of my bosses is a Ra-Ra-Republican despite the fact he is Canadian and can't vote in the US election. I think the Republicans are scared that significant changes may actually occur!
Good luck Obama.